The Limited Income Spay and Neutering program is designed to support low income individuals & families, in the Campbell River region. CRPAWS works together with a network of veterinarians who are donating part of the cost of the regular spay/neuter prices to help those who cannot otherwise afford to spay or neuter their pets.
Please consider the hard work that goes into this program and return the kindness by volunteering or spreading the word to your friends and family about responsible pet ownership and spay and neuter practices.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application and attach the supporting documents.
- A member of CRPAWS will contact you by phone to let you know the status of your application. All applications are subject to our approval. Note: Just because you fill in an application does not mean that you will qualify.
- CRPAWS will make the appointments with the vet, provide pre-surgery instructions, arrange fee payment and provide a CRPAWS Limited Income program spay/neuter release form to be completed.
- Please be aware there is a vet shortage there are a limited number a appointments per month.
This program is aimed at those who have a limited income and reside in the Campbell River region. The qualifying pre-tax household income levels are as follows:
- $20,000 or less in total yearly household income the client pays $0, CRPAWS covers balance.
- $21000 to $35,000 in total yearly household income the client pays $50 and CRPAWS covers the remaining balance.
- The attending veterinarian reserves the right to reschedule the appointment due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Due to the limited number of available appointments, missed appointments with out notification will not be rebooked.
- All applicants are expected to behave in a repectful manner to the veterinarians, to the clinics and the CRPAWS representatives.
How is this program funded?
CRPAWS Limited Income Spay and Neutering program is 100% funded by donations from corporate sponsorship, caring individuals from our community and other CRPAWS fundraisers.
GFL Environmental Inc. is supporting the first year of this program as a Silver Sponsor.
ABOUT GFL ENVIRONMENTAL
GFL Environmental (GFL) is a leading provider of diversified environmental solutions with operations across North America. We believe that by providing safe, accessible, cost-effective environmental solutions, we will encourage greater environmental responsibility and allow our customers and the communities we serve to be Green For Life.
It’s always been a vital part of our mission to take care of our communities, and give back to them in any way that we can. That’s why we launched the Full Circle Project (FCP) — our inspirational, unique, community-driven charitable giving program that lets our customers decide how donations are directed, and ensures that we support the causes that matter most to them. Every dollar of FCP funding goes to local, high-impact charities that are improving lives in the communities where we all live and work.
In 2020, FCP donated over $645,000 in funding to 89 different charitable organizations. Learn more about the Full Circle Project at gflenv.com/fullcircleproject.